Read more about Charles Dickens, born 7 February 1812, died 9 June 1870
Charles Dickens was born 7 February 1812, and died 9 June 1870
10 Memorable Charles Dickens Quotes
- The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.
- My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.
- There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
- Poetry makes life what lights and music do the stage.
- What greater gift than the love of a cat.
- It has always been my opinion since I first possessed such a thing as an opinion, that the man who knows only one subject is next tiresome to the man who knows no subject.
- We forge the chains we wear in life.
- The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will'. Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
Dickens is known as the greatest Victorian novelist. He was a prolific author of short stories, plays, novellas, novels, and non-fiction books. He is known for his memorable characters and his depictions of the social classes, morals, and values of his times. His works include Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, Bleak House, Our Mutual Friend, and David Copperfield.
Follow this link to find out Why Charles Dickens was the original self-publicist.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate