Winston Churchill was born 30 November 1874, and died 24 January 1965
- History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
- Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
- The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
- You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they’ve tried everything else.
- The price of greatness is responsibility.
- A joke is a very serious thing.
- The whole history of the world is summed up in the fact that, when nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong.
- Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all the others.
- When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.
- A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- Once in a while you will stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened.
- If you are going to go through hell, keep going.
Churchill was a British historian, politician, writer and artist. He was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom for most of the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature. His works include a history of the First World War in four volumes under the title of The World Crisis; his Second World War memoirs in six volumes; and a History of the English-speaking Peoples in four volumes. His oratory survives in a dozen volumes of speeches, among them The Unrelenting Struggle, The Dawn of Liberation, and Victory.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate