Happy Birthday, William Randolph Hearst, born 29 April 29 1863, died 14 August 1951
- You must keep your mind on the objective, not the obstacle.
- Don’t be afraid to make a mistake, your readers might like it.
- All work and no play may make Jim a dull boy, but no work and all play makes Jim all kinds of a jackass.
- News is something somebody doesn’t want printed; all else is advertising.
- Try to be conspicuously accurate in everything, pictures as well as text. Truth is not only stranger than fiction, it is more interesting.
- It is a good thing that women are so easily manipulated. Otherwise, most of us wouldn’t be here.
- Putting out a newspaper without promotion is like winking at a girl in the dark — well intentioned, but ineffective
- You can crush a man with journalism.
Hearst was an American newspaper publisher who created the largest newspaper and magazine business in the world. His methods profoundly influenced American journalism after he engaged in a circulation war with Joseph Pulitzer’s New York World that led to the creation of yellow journalism— sensationalized stories of dubious veracity.
Source for Image
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. If you want to learn how to write a book, write for social media, and improve your business writing, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate