William Blake was born 28 November 1757, and died 12 August 1827.
William Blake: Seven Timeless Quotes
- It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
- Exuberance is beauty.
- Do what you will, this world’s a fiction and is made up of contradiction.
- If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.
- The difference between a bad artist and a good one is: the bad artist seems to copy a great deal; the good one really does.
- The man who never alters his opinions is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.
- A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.
Blake was an English poet, painter, and printmaker. Blake is considered a seminal figure in the history of both the poetry and visual arts of the Romantic Age. Considered mad by contemporaries for his idiosyncratic views, Blake is held in high regard by later critics for his creativity, and the philosophical and mystical undercurrents in his work.
To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate