Vicki Baum was born 24 January 1888, and died 29 August 1960
- A writer should always have some profession which brings him into close contact with the realities of life.
- Fame always brings loneliness. Success is as ice cold and lonely as the North Pole.
- Patience is an integral part of talent.
- To me, writing is not a profession. You might as well call living a profession. Or having children. Anything you can't help doing.
- You don’t get ulcers from what you eat. You get them from what’s eating you.
- Courage comes and goes. Hold on for the next supply.
- Curious, how each one of us secretly carries his private cemetery around with him and watches it filling up with ever new graves. The last one to be our own ...
- There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them!
- Perfection bores me, in art, in music; most of all, in people. Luckily, perfection is rare.
Baum was an Austrian writer. She is known for Menschen im Hotel - also known as Grand Hotel, one of her first international successes.
Source for Image
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate