V. C. Andrews was born 6 June 1923, and died 19 December 198610 Quotes
- What is normal? Normal is only ordinary; mediocre. Life belongs to the rare, exceptional individual who dares to be different.
- Life is like that - twenty minutes of misery for every two seconds of joy.
- Being a good listener is the perfect way to avoid answering questions you’d rather ignore.
- I think I tell a whopping good story. And I don't drift away from it a great deal into descriptive material. When I read, if a book doesn't hold my interest about what's going to happen next, I put it down and don't finish it. So I'm not going to let anybody put one of my books down and not finish it.
- Love doesn't always come when you want it to. Sometimes it just happens, despite your will.
- It's funny how when you're little, you miss all the little lies. They float right past you, but you don't wonder about them much. For a long time, you think this is just something adults still do after being kids - pretend. Then one day you wake up and realize most of the world you're in is built on someone's make-believe.
- You can trust a few some of the time, and most none of the time. Feel lucky if you have even one to trust all of the time.
- Tragedy had sent me headlong into reality. All the things I had seen before now looked different, even nature.
- Time doesn't heal scars as most people commonly think. It simply makes them firmer, stiffer. One must accept it and not hope to mend and return to what he or she once was.
- The creative genius begins in the idle moment, dreaming up the impossible, and later making it come true.
Andrews was an American author. Her best-known novel is the best-seller Flowers in the Attic.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.