Truman Capote's bedroom at his Hamptons beach house.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. To find out about Writers Write - How to write a book, or The Plain Language Programme - Writing courses for business, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on Facebook and Twitter for daily writing tips
Writers Write - Write to Communicate
Truman Capote was born 30 September 1924, and died 25 August 1984
10 Intriguing Truman Capote Quotes On Writing
- To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it’s about, but the inner music that words make.
- A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That’s why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet.
- You can’t blame a writer for what the characters say.
- Finishing a book is just like you took a child out in the back yard and shot it.
- All literature is gossip
- Writing has laws of perspective, of light and shade just as painting does, or music. If you are born knowing them, fine. If not, learn them. Then rearrange the rules to suit yourself.
- Since each story presents its own technical problems, obviously one can’t generalize about them on a two-times-two-equals-four basis. Finding the right form for your story is simply to realize the most natural way of telling the story.
- All writing, all art, is an act of faith.
- My preferred pastimes are conversation, reading, travel and writing, in that order.
- It’s a very excruciating life facing that blank piece of paper every day and having to reach up somewhere into the clouds and bring something down out of them.
Truman Capote was an American author, whose short stories, novels, plays, and non-fiction are recognized literary classics, including the novella Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the true crime novel In Cold Blood. At least 20 films and television dramas have been produced from Capote novels, stories and screenplays.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate