Tom Sharpe was born 30 March 1928, and died 6 June 2013
Seven Tom Sharpe Quotes
- The man who said the pen was mightier than the sword ought to have tried reading The Mill on the Floss to Motor Mechanics.
- His had been an intellectual decision founded on his conviction that if a little knowledge was a dangerous thing, a lot was lethal.
- We must not only strike the iron while it is hot, we must strike it until it is hot.
- There’s nothing worse than an introspective drunk.
- Not many people like or understand him. He is, like the British, an acquired taste.
- Guilt is often a substitute for good honest-to-goodness evil.
- It is so depressing. I can't bear it. There is no such thing as the English gentleman any more. Money rules everything.
Sharpe is an English satirical author, best known for his Wilt series of novels.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.