Happy Birthday, Teresa Nielsen Hayden, born 21 March 1956
- Plot is a literary convention. Story is a force of nature.
- I have to go make books. Sorry about that.
- …writing about writing, or writing about publishing, is what wanna-be authors do when they’ve given up on writing, but don’t yet want to admit it.
- Don’t use metaphors in fantasy; your readers will take them literally. Or they may take them figuratively — but if so, they’ll also take your magics and transformations figuratively. Either way, you’re in trouble.
- If you ask 20 different readers why they read, they will all be right.
- Sometimes writers say true things about the overall nature of publicity, promotion, and the publishing industry; but alas, not always.
- I deeply resent the way this administration makes me feel like a nutbar conspiracy theorist. (2003)
Hayden is an American science fiction editor, fanzine writer, essayist, and teacher. She is a consulting editor for Tor Books.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.