Susan Sontag was born 16 January 1933, and died 28 December 2004
Susan Sontag: Top 10 Quotes
- Never worry about being obsessive. I like obsessive people. Obsessive people make great art.
- A writer, I think, is someone who pays attention to the world.
- Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster, which is one of the oldest subjects of art.
- Life is a movie; death is a photograph.
- A good book is an education of the heart. It enlarges your sense of human possibility, what human nature is, of what happens in the world. It’s a creator of inwardness.
- What I really wanted was every kind of life, and the writer’s life seemed the most inclusive.
- If I thought that what I’m doing when I write is expressing myself, I’d junk the typewriter. Writing is a much more complicated activity than that.
- My library is an archive of longings.
- Literature was the passport to enter a larger life; that is, the zone of freedom. Literature was freedom. Especially in a time in which the values of reading and inwardness are so strenuously challenged, literature is freedom.
- Writing is a mysterious activity.
Susan Sontag was an American writer, professor, literary icon, and political activist. Beginning with the publication of her 1964 essay Notes on ‘Camp’, Sontag became a cultural and intellectual celebrity.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate