Happy Birthday, Susan Lewis, born 10 August 1956
Susan’s Top Five Writing Tips
- Get to know your characters. Don’t be afraid to listen to them. In fact, if they aren’t talking to you, you’ve got a problem.
- Have fun with an opening line. You don’t have to use it in the final draft, but it’s a good way to start.
- Don’t be intimidated by the writing process. Just do it.
- I always start with an idea but I like to keep an open mind.
- If you really want to write, you will find time to do it.
Read my complete interview with Susan Lewis here
Lewis is a best-selling British author. She has written more than 30 novels, as well as two memoirs, Just One More Day and One Day at a Time.
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate