Happy Birthday, Spider Robinson, born 24 November 1948
- Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control information. Don’t ever piss one off.
- Shared sorrow is lessened, shared joy is increased.
- Anger is always fear in disguise
- …when writing, always hook the reader with your first sentence…in love, never settle…value yourself first and this will help you to value others…life is short, so enjoy it to the fullest…everyone in the world is different, and that’s ok…
- Honesty is hard work.
- This is what it is to be human: to see the essential existential futility of all action, all striving — and to act, to strive. This is what it is to be human: to reach forever beyond your grasp. This is what it is to be human: to live forever or die trying. This is what it is to be human: to perpetually ask the unanswerable questions, in the hope that the asking of them will somehow hasten the day when they will be answered. This is what it is to be human: to strive in the face of the certainty of failure. This is what it is to be human: to persist.
- Never attribute to malice, that which can be reasonably explained by stupidity.
- A beginning is the end of something, always.
- Well, some men learn by listening, some read, some observe and analyse — and some of us just have to pee on the electric fence.
Robinson is a Canadian author. He has won Hugo and Nebula Awards for his science fiction novels.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate