Sigrid Undset was born 20 May 1882, and died 10 June 1949
- I was sent to a school because my father was already aware that his days were numbered, and he was anxious for me to acquire a good education and follow in his footsteps.
- I went to work in an office and learned, among other lessons, to do things I did not care for, and to do them well. Before I left this office, two of my books had already been published.
- I rolled myself up into a tight ball of resistance and it was thus that I went through my school years.
- Many a man is given what is intended for another, but no man is given another’s fate.
- All my days I have longed equally to travel the right road and to take my own errant path.
Undset was a Norwegian novelist who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1928.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.