Sidney Sheldon was born 11 February 1917, and died 30 January 2007
Sidney Sheldon’s 10 Quotes On Writing
- Don’t give up. There are too many nay-sayers out there who will try to discourage you. Don’t listen to them. The only one who can make you give up is yourself.
- There is magic, but you have to be the magician. You have to make the magic happen.
- Life is like a novel. It’s filled with suspense. You have no idea what is going to happen until you turn the page.
- A blank piece of paper is God’s way of telling us how hard it to be God.
- You have two choices. you can keep running and hiding and blaming the world for your problems, or you can stand up for yourself and decide to be somebody important.
- Usually, when people get to the end of a chapter, they close the book and go to sleep. I deliberately write a book so when the reader gets to the end of the chapter, he or she must turn one more page.
- When you write a movie, you have a hundred collaborators. But when you write a novel, it’s yours.
- I try to give both my heroes and villains an emotional dimensionality which provides the motivation for their actions.
- If there is any secret to my success, I think it’s that my characters are very real to me. I feel everything they feel, and therefore I think my readers care about them.
- I love the freedom that the narrative form provides.
Sheldon was an Academy Award-winning American writer. His TV works spanned a 20-year period during which he created The Patty Duke Show, I Dream of Jeannie, and Hart to Hart, but he became most famous after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling novels, such as Master of the Game,The Other Side of Midnight, and Rage of Angels. He is the seventh best selling writer of all time. His books have been translated into 51 languages and have sold more than 300 million copies.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate