Happy Birthday, Santa Montefiore, born 2 February 1970
- I look on what I do as an adventure. Writing is a hobby for me. An indulgence. It is like paying a sweet addict to go into a shop and choose whatever sweets they want! There is work involved, of course. I usually find the middle of the book challenging, when I am holding lots of threads together, but on the whole, it is usually a pleasurable experience.
- No-one ever recognises themselves if you’re describing their negative characteristics or being rude about them.
- I really write, in the first instance, for myself. I’m going to be with the book for a year, so I have to take myself somewhere where I really love. I am a huge believer in the energy of a place and how it affects you.
- I love London, I love the city and I love living here, but it’s not where I get my inspiration.
- Children bring a whole new dimension in love. They have changed the way I write and being a mother gives more authenticity to my characters. I’m able to bring empathy to characters and situations in a way that only a mother can. Children are quirky and inspire brilliant situations and anecdotes. All the children in my books are based on Lilly and Sasha.
Read my interview with Santa Montefiore from 2006
Montefiore is a British author of 13 novels. She is married to Simon Sebag Montefiore, the award-winning author of such historical biographies as Stalin: The Court of The Red Tsar and Young Stalin.
Source for Image
by Amanda Patterson. Amanda is the founder of Writers Write. Her signature courses are Writers Write, The Plain Language Programme, and The Social Brand. Follow her on Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr and Twitter.
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. If you want to learn how to write a book, write for social media, and improve your business writing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate