Robinson Jeffers was born 10 January 1887, and died 20 January 1962
- Imagination, the traitor of the mind, has taken my solitude and slain it.
- Cruelty is a part of nature, at least of human nature, but it is the one thing that seems unnatural to us.
- Does it matter whether you hate yourself? At least love your eyes that can see, your mind that can hear the music, the thunder of the wings.
- Happy people die whole, they are all dissolved in a moment, they have had what they wanted.
- I believe that the Universe is one being, all its parts are different expressions of the same energy, and they are all in communication with each other, therefore parts of one organic whole. (This is physics, I believe, as well as religion.)
Jeffers was an American poet, known for his work about the central California coast. Most of Jeffers’ poetry was written in classic narrative and epic form, but today he is also known for his short verse, and considered an icon of the environmental movement.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate