- Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.
- When solutions are offered us by the people who originally brought us the problem, we do well to be suspicious.
- Clarity of language is the first casualty of authoritarianism.
- My white skin disgusts me. My passport disgusts me. They are the marks of an insufferable privilege bought at the price of others' agony. If I could peel myself inside out I would be glad. If I could become part of the oppressed I would be free.
- Carry yourself as one who will change the world, because you will.
- The subtlest and most vicious aspect of women's oppression is that we have been conditioned to believe we are not oppressed, blinded so as not to see our own condition.
- Women are not inherently passive or peaceful. We're not inherently anything but human.
- In the long run, Women's Liberation will of course free men-but in the short run it's going to COST men a lot of privilege, which no one gives up willingly or easily.
- White males are the most responsible for the destruction of human life and environment on the planet today.
- Women are a colonised people.
Morgan is an American award-winning poet, novelist, journalist, and best-selling author. She has published more than 20 books.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate