Happy Birthday, Robert Pirsig, born 6 September 1928
- The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.
- The place to improve the world is first in one’s own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there.
- When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.
- The real cycle you’re working on is a cycle called yourself.
- Physical distance between people has nothing to do with loneliness. It’s psychic distance.
- Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food.
- The past exists only in our memories, the future only in our plans.
Pirsig is an American writer and philosopher, and the author of the philosophical novels Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values and Lila: An Inquiry into Morals.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate