Happy Birthday, Prue Leith, born 18 February 1940
- When you get to fifty-two food becomes more important than sex.
- I wanted to make lots of money. Why don’t women say what they want, why wait to be asked? Do women intuit that it is unacceptable to appear ambitious?
- But what’s the point of writing an autobiography if this big part of your life is not going to be in it?
- Read a lot. Take writing lessons. Stick at it.
- I’ve been an entrepreneur, a writer, a food correspondent. I might have been an architect – but I’m bad at maths.I’m a great admirer of Richard Rogers.
Leith is a South African restaurateur, television presenter, cookery writer, and novelist. She has spent most of her working life in London.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate