Pierre de Beaumarchais was born 24 January 1732, and died 18 May 1799
- Nowadays what isn’t worth saying is sung.
- Where love is concerned, too much is never enough.
- Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons, madam: that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals.
- As long as I don’t write about the government, religion, politics, and other institutions, I am free to print anything.
- I hasten to laugh at everything, for fear of being obliged to weep.
de Beaumarchais was a French playwright, watchmaker, inventor, musician, diplomat, fugitive, spy, publisher, horticulturalist, arms dealer, satirist, financier, and revolutionary (both French and American).
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate