Paul Valéry was born 30 October 1871, and died 20 July 1945
- The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
- A poem is never finished, only abandoned.
- Books have the same enemies as people: fire, humidity, animals, weather, and their own content.
- Poe is the only impeccable writer. He was never mistaken.
- What one wrote playfully, another reads with tension and passion; what one wrote with tension and passion, another reads playfully.
- To enter into your own mind you need to be armed to the teeth.
- Poetry is a separate language, or more specifically, a language within a language.
Valéry was a French poet, essayist, and philosopher. Along with Paul Verlaine and Stéphane Mallarmé, Valéry is considered one the most important Symbolist writers. His self-conscious and philosophical style influenced T. S. Eliot and John Ashbery.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate