Happy Birthday, Orson Scott Card, born 24 August 1951
Orson Scott Card Quotes
- Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any.
- Everybody dies. What matters is what you do between now and when it happens to you.
- The story is one that you and I will construct together in your memory. If the story means anything to you at all, then when you remember it afterward, think of it, not as something I created, but rather as something that we made together.
- Science Fiction has rivets, fantasy has trees.
- Life is full of grief, to exactly the degree we allow ourselves to love other people.
- We don't read novels to have an experience like life. Heck, we're living lives, complete with all the incompleteness. We turn to fiction to have an author assure us that it means something.
- Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space.
- Today, Mr. Darcy is a vampire.
- Home is anywhere that you know all your friends and all your enemies.
- You know how writers are… they create themselves as they create their work. Or perhaps they create their work in order to create themselves.
- Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken.
- All the stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe.
Orson Scott Card is an American author, critic, public speaker, essayist, columnist, and political activist. He is best known for his science fiction books, which include Ender's Game.
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate