Happy Birthday, Orhan Pamuk, born 7 June 1952
- I read a book one day and my whole life was changed.
- Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.
- Try to discover who I am from my choice of words and colours, as attentive people like yourselves might examine footprints to catch a thief.
- The first thing I learned at school was that some people are idiots; the second thing I learned was that some are even worse.
- Books, which we mistake for consolation, only add depth to our sorrow.
- A letter doesn’t communicate by words alone. A letter, just like a book, can be read by smelling it, touching it and fondling it.
- After all, a woman who doesn’t love cats is never going to make a man happy.
Pamuk is a Turkish novelist, screenwriter, academic and recipient of the 2006 Nobel Prize in Literature. He is also Turkey’s best-selling writer, having sold over 11 million books in 60 languages.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.