Ogden Nash was born 19 August 1902, and died 19 May 1971
- Children aren’t happy with nothing to ignore, And that’s what parents were created for.
- Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.
- Progress is a fine thing, but it’s gone on long enough.
- To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you’re wrong, admit it; Whenever you’re right, shut up.
- You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.
- Oh, what a tangled web do parents weave when they think that their children are naive.
- People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up.
- When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.
- Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you.
- There is only one way to achieve happiness on this terrestrial ball, and that is to have either a clear conscience or none at all.
- I think that I shall never see a billboard lovely as a tree. Perhaps, unless the billboards fall, I’ll never see a tree at all.
- Too clever is dumb.
Nash was an American poet well known for his humorous, light verse.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate