Happy Birthday, Mo Yan, born 17 February 1955
- When literature exists, perhaps we do not notice how important it is, but when it does not exist, our lives become coarsened and brutal. For this reason, I am proud of my profession, but also aware of its importance.
- A writer should bury his thoughts deep and convey them through the characters in his novel.
- I think writers write for their consciences, they write for their own true audiences, for their souls.
- One of the biggest problems in literature is the lack of subtlety.
- I am also well aware that literature only has a minimal influence on political disputes or economic crises in the world, but its significance to human beings is ancient.
Yan, whose real name is Guan Moye, is a Chinese novelist and short story writer. In 2012, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate