Happy Birthday, Minette Walters, born 26 September 1949
- When I set out to write my story, I did so with the absolute understanding that the people who read it would be intelligent.
- I have always been fascinated by the challenge that crime fiction represents to an author. I wanted to know if I could carry an intricate plot for 100,000 words, and keep readers guessing, while I was portraying characters under considerable tension.
- My two best working times are from early morning to about 1.30pm and then from about 5pm until 8pm or later.
- My major hobby and the way I always unwind is to decorate my house while listening to the many excellent BBC stations on the radio.
- The Ice House took me two years to write. a year for my agent to sell it and a year before it was published. By that time I had already finished The Sculptress. It takes me about a year to write a thriller now.
Walters is an English crime writer. She has written 15 books, five of which have been adapted for television, including The Sculptress, The Ice House, The Scold’s Bridle, The Echo, and The Dark Room.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate