Happy Birthday, Martin Cruz Smith, born 3 November 1942.
Six Martin Cruz Smith Quotes On Writing
- You have to be an outsider to write.
- I can’t write if it bores me. Two things count: it has to be interesting and I have to care about the character.
- As a novelist, I tell stories and people give me money. Then financial planners tell me stories and I give them money.
- I don’t reread a book of mine after it’s been published. All I see is shortcomings and errors. The gap between what I intended to accomplish and what I settled for is a yawning abyss.
- That’s one of the great things about what I do; I’m allowed to follow any trail.
- The research is the most interesting part… That’s how I work. I go some place and I walk it and I talk to people until I find what I’ve come for. Or not. Fortunately, I tend to find what I’m after.
Smith is an American mystery novelist. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in creative writing. He worked as a journalist in the 1960s, and began writing fiction in the early 1970s. He is best known for his Arkady Renko books, starting with Gorky Park.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate