Marcel Pagnol was born 28 February 1895, and died 18 April 1974
- Such is the life of a man. Moments of joy, obliterated by unforgettable sorrow.
- You reach the universal dimension by staying at home.
- The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.
- There are no crumbs of love. Only masses of it.
- A secret is not something unrevealed, but something told privately, in a whisper.
- One has to look out for engineers - they begin with sewing machines and end up with the atomic bomb.
- When I recall the long string of characters I have played in my life, I wonder who I am…
Marcel Pagnol was a French novelist, playwright and film director who wrote La Gloire de Mon Père and Le Château de Ma Mère.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.