Logan Pearsall Smith was born 18 October 1865, and died 2 March 1946
Five Notable Logan Pearsall Smith Quotes
- People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
- What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers.
- What things there are to write, if one could only write them! My mind is full of gleaming thought; gay moods and mysterious, moth-like meditations hover in my imagination, fanning their painted wings. But always the rarest, those streaked with azure and the deepest crimson, flutter away beyond my reach.
- Every author, however modest, keeps a most outrageous vanity chained like a madman in the padded cell of his breast.
- Yes there is a meaning; at least for me, there is one thing that matters - to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.
Smith was known for his aphorisms and epigrams. He was a literary perfectionist and could take days refining his sentences. With Words and Idioms he became a recognised authority on the correct use of English.
Source for Image
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate