Learn more about Lloyd Alexander, born 30 January 1924, died 17 May 2007
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. If you want to learn how to write a book, write for social media, and improve your business writing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate
Lloyd Alexander was born 30 January 1924, and died 17 May 2007
Seven Bookish Quotes
- All that writers can do is keep trying to say what is deepest in their hearts.
- Books can truly change our lives: the lives of those who read them, the lives of those who write them. Readers and writers alike discover things they never knew about the world and about themselves.
- Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvellous adventures that anyone can have.
- Shakespeare, Dickens, Mark Twain, and so many others were my dearest friends and greatest teachers.
- Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It’s a way of understanding it.
- Thinking is a bit uncomfortable, but you’ll get used to it. A matter of time and practice.
- Hope is an essential thread in the fabric of all fantasies, an Ariadne’s thread to guide us out of the labyrinth … Human beings have always needed hope, and surely now more than ever.
Lloyd Alexander wrote more than forty books, mostly fantasy novels for children and young adults. His most famous work is The Chronicles of Prydain, a series of five high fantasy novels. Its conclusion, The High King, won the 1969 Newbery Medal for excellence in American children’s literature. Alexander won U.S. National Book Awards in 1971 and 1982.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate