Lillian Smith was born 12 December 1897 and died 28 September 1966
- None but the weak crave to be better than. Strong men are satisfied with their own strength.
- When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die.
- Education is a private matter between the person and the world of knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college.
- We need not feel ashamed of flirting with the zodiac. The zodiac is well worth flirting with.
- Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve.
- No journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.
Smith was a writer and social critic of the Southern United States, known best for her best-selling novel Strange Fruit.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate