Leonard Woolf was born 25 November 1880, and died 14 August 1969
- You cannot escape Fate, and Fate, I have always felt, is not in the future, but in the past.
- Anyone can be a barbarian; it requires a terrible effort to remain a civilized man.
- The grinding of the intellect is for most people as painful as a dentist’s drill.
- It is no good trying to delude oneself that one can escape the consequences of a great catastrophe.
- I know that V. will not come across the garden from the Lodge, and yet I look in that direction for her. I know that she is drowned and yet I listen for her to come in at the door. I know that this is the last page and yet I turn it over. There is no limit to one’s stupidity and selfishness.
Woolf was an English political theorist, author, publisher and civil servant. He was married to Virginia Woolf with whom he founded the famous Hogarth Press.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate