Happy Birthday, Laura Esquivel, born 30 September 1950
- To know how to produce a work of art is to know how to discard the extraneous.
- Desires and words go hand in hand … they are moved by the same intention to join together, to communicate, to establish bridges between people, whether they are spoken or written.
- The simple truth is that the truth does not exist, it all depends on a person's point of view.
- [Words] cling to the very core of our memories and lie there in silence until a new desire reawakens them and recharges them with loving energy…. Like water, words are a wonderful conductor of energy. And the most powerful, transforming energy is the energy of love.
- You don’t have to think about love; you either feel it or you don’t.
- Whoever controls information, whoever controls meaning, acquires power.
- No one who loves life can ignore literature, and no one who loves literature can ignore life.
Esquivel is a Mexican novelist, essayist, and screenwriter. She is well known for her novel, Like Water for Chocolate.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate