Happy Birthday, Kiran Desai, born 3 September 1971
- I do think that the modern India does belong to writers who are living in India.
- I’m always in the kitchen, cooking and experimenting - I love it. And every now and then I think, ‘I should write a cookbook’ or, ‘I should write for food magazines.’ And then I get drawn back to writing fiction again.
- When you write on your own, you can write the extremes. No one else is watching and you can really go as far as you need to.
- You can catch more flies with honey than with sour milk.
- The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.
Desai is an Indian author. Her novel The Inheritance of Loss won the 2006 Man Booker Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Fiction Award.
Source for Image
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate