Happy Birthday, Ken Bruen, born 3 January 1951
- There’ll be times when the only refuge is books. Then you’ll read as if you meant it, as if your life depended on it.
- It seems the more I write the deeper my anger as I delve more into the Banks, the church, the so called rulers and shakers. All rotten to the noir core.
- It’s said the difference between one friend and none is infinity.
- For me, it’s about having strong characters that can stand up to most things a writer will throw at them. That’s the way I like to go about it.
- Your life is in some bizarre state when priests are throwing abuse at you on the street.
- I could have papered me flat in rejection slips, at least 20 right off the bat.
- She obviously had disappointing news in her teens and wasn’t yet recovered.
Bruen is an Irish writer of hard-boiled and noir crime fiction. His works include the White Trilogy and the Shamus Award-winning The Guards.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate