Happy Birthday, Kate Braverman, born 1 February 1950
- If you can be anything else but a writer, be it.
- Writing is like hunting. There are brutally cold afternoons with nothing in sight, only the wind and your breaking heart. Then the moment when you bag something big. The entire process is beyond intoxicating.
- Women have waited millions of years, growing separate as another species, with visions and priorities no man-words, no man-measurements can comprehend.
- All good writing is built one good line at a time. You build a novel the same way you do a pyramid. One word, one stone at a time, underneath a full moon while the fingers bleed.
- To be one woman, truly, wholly, is to be all women. Tend one garden and you will birth worlds.
- I find women as writers and as characters are operating within narrow confines. They inherit a kind of ghetto of the soul. I’m trying to enlarge the spectrum.
- Unfortunately, the more chaotic the society, the greater is the desire for conservative, non-confrontational art.
Braverman is an American novelist, short story writer, and poet.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate