Happy Birthday, Judith Guest, born 29 March 1936
- Some people with awful cards can be successful because of how they deal with the tragedies they’re handed, and that seems courageous to me.
- People who keep stiff upper lips find that it’s damn hard to smile.
- It’s true that every day away from work requires two more days to get back into it.
- I notice when I'm on these trips, I read like mad. It's the only thing that seems to centre me, bring me back to remembering who I am. Or forgetting who I am!
- Depending on the reality one must face, one may prefer to opt for illusion.
- Make notes—I’ve lost more material than I’ve ever written. Contrary to popular opinion, it’s not still up there in one’s brain. It’s in outer space and it ain’t coming back.
Guest is an American novelist and screenwriter. She is most famous for writing Ordinary People.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.