Happy Birthday, Joseph Wambaugh, born 22 January 1937
- No one I know of has ever had this experience-where you had to sit and wait and wait for a DNA test to come back just so you can write the last page of the book.
- The Onion Field made a real writer. And then I knew it was over, I couldn’t be a cop any more.
- I enjoy doing the research of non-fiction; that gives me some pleasure, being a detective again.
- What I didn’t know was that if I didn’t stand with my back to the wall, Hollywood people would unscrew my ass and sell it down the river.
- Probably 95 percent of the things that are written never get on the screen.
Wambaugh is a best-selling American writer known for his fictional and non-fictional accounts of police work. One of his best-known books is The Onion Field.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate