Joseph Addison was born 1 May 1672, and died 17 June 1719
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
- Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
- Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life.
- Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed.
- Plenty of people wish to become devout, but no one wishes to be humble.
- An empty desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.
- There is nothing which we receive with so much reluctance as advice.
Addison was an English essayist, poet, playwright, and politician. He wrote the play, Cato, but he is best remembered as the co-founder of The Spectatormagazine.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.