Happy Birthday, Jonathan Carroll, born 26 January 1949
10 Jonathan Carroll Quotes
- Both young children and old people have a lot of time on their hands. That’s probably why they get along so well.
- I find you write with one person in mind. Usually for me that one person is my wife, because she’s my most severe critic and understands best what I’m trying to do.
- I’ve never seen myself as a fantasy writer - ever.
- There’s almost always a point in a book where something happens that triggers the rest of the plot.
- Just write about what bites you and damn the rest.
- People who truly love us can be divided into two categories: those who understand us, and those who forgive us our worst sins. Rarely do you find someone capable of both.
- I forgive nothing. If you stole my orange crayon in the fifth grade, you’re still on my hit list, buddy.
- Read…If you read, you not only expand your vision and understanding of life, but will sooner or later bump into writers whose work will help mould your own. Not dictate it— mould it.
- Of course all fiction is to one degree or another autobiographical— it has to be because it is your voice telling the story and your voice is a result of your perspective and life experience.
- The only two important things in life are real love and being at peace with yourself.
Carroll is an award-winning American author of modern fantasy and slipstream novels. His debut book, The Land of Laughs tells the story of a children’s author whose imagination has left the printed page and begun to influence reality.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.