John Hollander was born 28 October 1929, and died 17 August 2013
- Great poems are all fables about life.
- A good poem satisfies the ear. It creates a story or picture that grabs you, informs you and entertains you.
- I try to teach writers how to teach themselves.
- A short [poem] will be written quickly, at one sitting, usually under an hour. A really long one may take over two years.
- I always write in longhand, and I revise when I type.
Hollander was an American poet and literary critic who was Sterling Professor Emeritus of English at Yale University.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa.Writers Write - Write to communicate