John Clare was born 13 July 1793, and died 20 May 1864
- If life had a second edition, how I would correct the proofs.
- Still, I have been no one's enemy but my own. My easy nature, either in drinking or anything else, was always ready to submit to persuasions of profligate companions, who often led me into snares.
- I'm John Clare now. I was Byron and Shakespeare formerly.
- The best way to avoid a bad action is by doing a good one, for there is no difficulty in the world like that of trying to do nothing.
- Ah, words are poor receipts for what time hath stole away…
John Clare was an English poet. Although he was the son of illiterate parents, and earned money as a manual labourer, he published several volumes of poetry, including Poems Descriptive of Rural Life and Scenery.
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.