Happy Birthday, Joan Silber, born 14 June 1945
- Slowed time is -- or should be -- a way of pointing to what's important.
- This is fictional time, where events play out and possibilities are exhausted, so that meaning can emerge.
- If you saw through everything, it made it hard to figure out what to do with yourself.
- A story depends on things not standing still, on the built-in condition of impermanence.
- A story is entirely determined by what portion of time it chooses to narrate.
Silber is an American novelist and short story writer.
Source for photograph
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.