Happy Birthday, Jill Murphy, born 5 July 1949
- My earliest memory (my mum tells me I was two), is sitting on the kitchen floor surrounded by sheets of drawings.
- I could always draw my way out of trouble if we had a tricky history project!
- I still feel more comfortable in the company of children, so it’s natural I should write something about things they appreciate.
- I wanted to write about girls who were misfits, like I was, with unfashionably long, dark, straggly hair, and a heroine who was as hopeless as I was but for whom it came out all right in the end.
- I always speak the dialogue aloud to see if it sounds natural.
Murphy is an English writer and illustrator of children’s books, best known for the Worst Witch novels.
Source for Image
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate