Happy Birthday, Jacqueline Wilson, born 17 December 1945
- I try to have reasonably happy endings because I would hate any child to be cast down in gloom and despair; I want to show them you can find a way out of it.
- If I can manage to write up to about a thousand words early in the morning, no matter what else I'm doing that day, I feel at least I've got some work done. Often I find my ideas are clearer then. It's as if I've got all the imagination going through all my dreams as if it's still there in my head. I think that's a good writing tip to pass on. Write when you wake up.
- It was such a relief to realise someone else had a weird vivid inner life like my own!
- I have this belief that children become readers before they can read. They become hooked on books because they were read aloud to as a child.
- Enjoy yourself whilst you read!
Wilson is an English writer of children's literature. Wilson is the author of many book series and she has won many awards including the Smarties Prize and the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate