Happy Birthday, Henry Rollins, born 13 February 1961
- Life will not break your heart. It’ll crush it.
- All my big heroes are literary, writers.
- Yes, I guess you could say I am a loner, but I feel more lonely in a crowded room with boring people than I feel on my own.
- I think of the thrill of an intelligent woman talking just to me.
- Best not to mix the past with the present. The present paints the past with gold. The past paints the present with lead.
- Love heals scars love left.
- Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.
- In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.
- If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, don’t show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents, out-learn them, outlive them, and know more than they do.
- If you paid Americans a living wage, they would be able to pay for products made by Americans in America.
- People are best on records and books because you can turn them off or put them back on the shelf.
- Do it or don’t. It’s amazing how many things in life are that easy.
Rollins is an American musician, writer, journalist, publisher, actor, television and radio host, spoken word artist, comedian, and activist. His books include Get in the Van: On the Road With Black Flag, Black Coffee Blues and Solipsist.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate