Happy Birthday, Henry Rider Haggard, born 22 June 1856, died 14 May 1925
- There is no loneliness like the loneliness of crowds, especially to those who are unaccustomed to them.
- It is curious to look back and realize upon what trivial and apparently coincidental circumstances great events frequently turn as easily and naturally as a door on its hinges.
- I have never observed that the religious are more eager to die than the rest of us poor mortals.
- There are things and there are faces which, when felt or seen for the first time, stamp themselves upon the mind like a sun image on a sensitized plate and there remain unalterably fixed.
- The great wheel of Fate rolls on like a Juggernaut, and crushes us all in turn, some soon, some late
Sir Henry Rider Haggard was an English writer of adventure novels set in exotic locations, predominantly Africa, and a founder of the Lost World literary genre. His most famous novels are King Solomon’s Mines and She.
~~~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. If you want to learn how to write a book, write for social media, and improve your business writing, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Writers Write - Write to communicate