Heinrich Böll was born 21 December 1917 and died 16 July 1985Five Quotes
- One ought to go too far, in order to know how far one can go.
- Humour is really one of the hardest things to define, very hard. And it's very ambiguous. You have it, or you don't. You can't attain it.
- It's true and it's easily said that language is material, and something does materialise as one writes.
- Behind every word a whole world is hidden that must be imagined.
- I need very little reality.
Böll was one of Germany's foremost post-World War II writers. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1972.
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate