Gerhart Hauptmann was born 15 November 1862, and died 6 June 1946
- Poetry evokes out of words the resonance of the primordial world.
- Experience is the basis of poetry.
- Art is a language, therefore, a social function
- Power encompasses patience. Impatience speaks about weakness
- Music comes from the heart and should reach the heart again
- Life is an unbroken chain of discoveries.
Hauptmann was a German dramatist and novelist. He was one of the most important promoters of literary naturalism. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1912.
Source for Image
by Amanda Patterson for Writers Write
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate