George Meredith was born 12 February 1828, and died 18 May 1909
- Cynicism is intellectual dandyism.
- Memoirs are the backstairs of history.
- A witty woman is a treasure; a witty beauty is a power.
- Speech is the small change of silence.
- The well of true wit is truth itself.
- The most dire disaster in love is the death of imagination.
- Caricature is rough truth.
Meredith was an English novelist and poet of the Victorian era.
Source for Image
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate